Monday, April 20, 2009

19 days and couting

19 days and counting until the Mississauga Marathon. Dear lord! Yesterday the connor clinic and I headed out on the roads to tackle a 36km run (our longest distance before the run). We ran most of the marathon course (running into friends along the way). It kind of gave me nightmares of last year (as it was just as windy)...but this year I feel so much stronger and it's awsome to be running with Sam and Merv who run at the same speed (they: seconds faster but they keep me going and keep me inspired) it's also nice to be running in the old hood. This time around I hope I make the cut and qualify for Boston. I was 33 seconds off last time, so I know there is a possibility...it all just comes down to how I am feeling the days leading up to the run. So hopefully this day next year I will have just completed Boston (as the race is today!). No pressure! eeesh! It's good to write down goals as I have learned over the past couple days: so my goal in May is to qualify for Boston and to let the past go.

No comments: