Friday, April 16, 2010

boston blue!!! 15924

Alright...so my bag is officially in my room to pack my things, and I am about to lace up for my last casual run until Monday and I couldn't be more nervous! My flight leaves tmrw at 6:39am! ahhh! I just wanted to say thank you to all of you have said such kind words and have shown your love and support...it means the world to me, and it's so nice to know I have such amazing people in my life! It will definitely help to carry me through especially on the hill they call 'heart break'. argh! also thank you over and over again to my peeps who are boarding flights today and over the weekend to route me on! this is going to be an experience of a lifetime! xoxo
A fellow runner sent out an email with some inspiring quotes and I thought I would share!

  • "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa, 1989 NYC Marathon winner
  • Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it." - Oprah Winfrey
  • "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
  • "Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're probably right." - Henry Ford
  • "No one ever drowned in sweat." - Author Unknown
  • "There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people." - Bill Bowerman
  • "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali
  • "Human beings are made up of flesh and blood, and a miracle fiber called courage" - George Patton
  • "You have a choice. You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face" - Gatoraide
  • "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" - Theodore Roosevelt
  • "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy" - Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • "It's rude to count people as you pass them. Out loud" - Adidas ad
  • "Pain is only temporary, Pride is forever"
  • "Marathoning is like cutting yourself unexpectedly. You dip into the pain so gradually that the damage is done before you are aware of it. Unfortunately, when the awareness comes, it is excruciating." - John Farrington, Australian marathoner
  • "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will" - Vince Lombardi
  • “Do or do not... there is no try" - Yoda

ps. it seems I'm all about the Boston Blue!! Bring it!!
pps. I will be wearing all black this time around but with a bright blue hat...so look out ;) bib number: 15924
ppps. this is a victory lap...if I end up getting more than 4 hours I will be happy no matter what! that's what I am saying and I'm sticking with it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See you tomorrow in Boston!!!
Mom xoxo

Lydia said...

Hi E. Bryce, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

Holly said...

Hi Erin! I'm tracking your progress on the Boston Marathon site!!! Yay!! GO go go!!! You are almost there and doing so great!!! So excited for you!! xo