Thursday, April 8, 2010

rain rain go away

...something I am definitely trying to live by at the moment! The rain is definitely a reflection of how I am feeling. boo hoo :( This past easter weekend was fabulous...was wined and dined by CC at Tappo in the distillery as a celebration dinner (will officially share at a later date - regards to teaching), sang Happy 1st Birthday to cousin Emily Lovell (Elecia's little one), texted my sister to also wish her a dreams come true 32nd Birthday (she was in the Bahamas living it up), spent some time on a couple yorkville patios, had a fantastic din and bonfire experience at the Tyrrell's...where Kim asked me to be in her wedding!! holla!! Sooo honoured!!, also capped the night off by playing some charades (ha!), to then end the weekend with a quiet Easter dinner Sunday night, followed by a lazy Monday morning watching Sherlock Holmes in bed! Great weekend! Ok soo here's where it goes down hill ... so Monday afternoon I suit up for one of my last long runs (knowing my once always healthy knee decided to pull a fast one on me at ATB race), and realize at the 8km mark that the shooting pains in my knee and foot are causing me to want to cry...so I decide I would rather save my knee this time and walk it in...a nice looooong walk it was. argh!! Even walking was painful! So I then after serious frustration take myself to the doctors - get a dose of medication, a slip to get xrays, and a recommendation to see a sports doctor. I am in the process of all this at the moment, and while I am going through this I have come down with either a butt kicking cold or serious flu where my eyes are burning and my throat feels as if I have shards of glass stuck to it! ahhhhhh!!! And luck would have it BOSTON IS NEXT WEEKEND!!! sooo as you can see I am trying to hold onto the memories of the weekend, but i'm finding it a weeee bit tough to smile through the rain!
I will run Boston with a smile on my face, I will run Boston with a smile on my face, I will run Boston with a smile on my face....here's to wishes coming true!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thinking good thoughts for you!
much love, zarine