Sunday, May 1, 2011

Perfection

I really just don't have the words for what I felt when watching the Royal Wedding....
I wasn't one of the millions who woke up uber early to watch...as I am one who desperately needs sleep before teaching...however, if I could go back, I would have set my alarm. It was such a fantastic and surreal experience seeing the magical wedding - everyone coming together to witness a real life fairy tale and to experience tradition at its finest! Of course when I got to school and realized most of my students woke up at 3am, I thought why not watch some highlights to join in...so that's just what we did...and as I looked around the classroom I too witnessed most all my students watch in awe with a smile on their faces. sigh! Since then I have been watching all re-runs, Kate and William's life stories, Oprah's royal party, and anything else that follows the morning of the wedding since...love love love! My fav moments: Kate's walk up to Westminster, watching the adoring fans, David Beckham, the moment when William sees Kate and mouths "you look beautiful", Mr. Middleton's constant smile, the royal entourage and of course Kate's dress...perfection!
ps. Had a nice sip in see in Georgetown at Laura's for Heather and Mabel xo

1 comment:

mom said...

If I could have gone back and watched it again, I would have had a 4am party wearing PJ's and hats. I have heard of several that did just that...How fun does that sound?
Mom