Monday, September 29, 2008

We are a part of a rhythm nation

Last night my sister and I (compliments of my parents) went to sing-a-long with Janet Jackson. The days leading up, I was getting excited but couldn't really pin point as to what new songs Ms Jackson has out right now, so figured the concert could go either way. Lucky for me, all my fav songs Janet has ever recorded were performed last night, and it made me appreciate what she had and has to offer to the entertainment world! It's just too bad that as Jodie and I sat down to enjoy our large decaf teas from timmy's, I of course spill the entire cup (was trying to get the tea bag out) into my lap and completely soaked my shirt, pants and shoes while burning myself and slightly spackling a lady a couple rows down. As I was in the middle of being shocked by what I had done to myself, the ghetto lady down below was looking for a fight,and was waiting for me to step outside. Give me a break, can't you see I am drenched? Any who it was nice to be out and jamming to Janet. Funniest part of the night: "sooo...what I was thinking..."
Ps. I know I keep mentioning this, but I just can't help but notice shows, fashion, music, etc from the 90's making a come back in full force. Have we hit a creative lul? I am all for it, as it makes me appreciate my youth, however when LL Cool J hit the stage to open for Janet Jackson it took the cake for me. LL you are 40+, no need to wear pants down by your ankles while sporting a beater! I would have much more respect for him if he had evolved with the times.

No comments: