Thursday, September 4, 2008

letter to myself

It's 9:30pm and I have finally sat down after a looong week (with one more day to go)! I seriously have not had time to stop and smell the flowers and I feel as if my head is spinning at a rapid speed! I have had my first few days at my placement....and let me tell you I am exhausted!! I usually am able to muster up energy to do anything, however I found this week has literally kicked me to the ground! I use to think I was one who could handle change, and could handle lots on my plate, but clearly that is not the case anymore and my youth days kind of feel a wee bit over.  I went to the Ambler & Alexander wedding at the Kind Edward on the weekend, and we partied like rock stars. (wedding was fabulous...will attach pictures when I can find my camera charger - also more details to follow, as if the day should come for me I will like to duplicate a few items on their agenda) Anywho back to partying like rock stars...so we let 'er loose and had a great time (kind of forgetting I had signed up for the 1/2 marathon). Sunday was spent on a couch sleeping, waking and sleeping to then throw on my running shoes on Monday and hit the Oakville half with Mrs. Dold. I do not recommend having a bender even a month before a huge race like that, but of course I thought I could. At 6km I was still winded and was trying to keep up with Jenny. I got a good time, 1 minute off what I wanted, but have promised myself all of October will be about vitamins, eating well, and sleeping. Nothing else! Well I am feeling sleepy and need to catch up on things. But my placement is going well....my teacher is awesome and the kids are too cute (well most of them).
Hope everyone is having a great first week of September! I hate to say this, but where the heck is fall? I am desperate for a change in wardrobes and seasons (and to put my boots back on my feet!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what would you duplicate on the King Edward wedding? how was last nights weddding?
mom xo