Saturday, August 30, 2008

stuck in doors in the burbs

It seems that this might be the best day of summer and I am stuck in doors! I stayed home from the cottage this weekend as his good friends Paul and Leah are getting married today. So I thought it would be a good idea to make a trip to the salon, touch up my highlights, trim my bangs and get a nice blow dry (it's amazing what a fantastic stylist can do!)...however I made the appointment a touch too early and now I am sitting in doors, doing laundry, watching tv, and sitting on the computer....all activities I was born not to do! I just don't want to go outside and mess up my hair! sniff sniff...so what's a girl to do? ...blog?
Because I have all the time in the world I may ramble for a bit!

Tid bit number 1: For all of you who always look to save a buck or two, Katie introduced me to Visa Perks (http://www.visaperks.ca/), and I seem to be telling anyone who will listen. I just can't believe I never knew about it before. Basically what you do is you visit the Visa Perks website and there is a list of stores that you can get discounts at...such as Running Room (20% off), Banana Republic (15%), Gap and some others. All you have to do is print the coupon and use your Visa card at the participating store and you get a deal. Crazy!

Tid bit number 2: As said by my good friend John Tesh, blogging can be therapeutic. It seems blogging is the new prescription of choice among mental health experts. According to Newsweek magazine, psychiatrists say that writing a blog can have a significant therapeutic effect. Not only is it a creative outlet and a forum to vent, it's a way to reach out to others and get feedback on your life. I subscribe to John Tesh newsletters (yes I am a nerd), and there was an entire write up on the effects of blogging. I found it quite interesting - there are times when I think 'why do I even blog', but for some reason it has turned into a little hobby and it gives me an opportunity to share my views on life and basically say anything I want - I know that i'm not much of a writer and will never compare to some of my friends abilities (Ie. Heather!!) but it's fun to just sit down and write!

Tid bit number 3: As I figured I would be home for the entire weekend I thought why not run the Oakville Half Marathon on Monday....so look out early Monday as I will be running the streets of Oakville with my other Oakvillians who got stuck in the city for the weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you did miss an amazing weekend up north...weather was picture perfect!!!!! Indian River had a big sale on...so I was hoping to purchase a kayak....no luck ...not on sale. I did get Mitchell a swimming aparatis...golf clubs...blow up toys etc etc...and I did get a wake board life jacket for the girls....Yeh...hope to see you next weekend...xoxoo mom

little h. said...

whatev...you are a good writer! but thanks for the compliment...and for the visa tip...interesting