Wednesday, August 20, 2008

For the love...

Before I begin, I am always game for comfort when it comes to shoes (well at least for day time shoes); I own a WIDE variety of flats ranging in style, colour and type…I even cherish my pair of Birkenstocks that though may not look so hot, feel awesome wearing after a long run (somehow I feel more balanced while wearing them). However!! a few years back when Crocs were introduced and they started popping up left right and centre and I saw entire families have matching pairs, I promised myself never will the day come where I buy a pair. Even as I age and find I have limited funds to keep with the trends…I will not go there! I have to admit though sometimes when I am looking for shoes at the cottage to run to the boat house I may slip on my mom’s pair (yes the Prada lover herself did succumb) and find they are in fact comfy…but every time I slip them on I feel some what like a smurf in the cartoons looking for my giant mushroom house. Not flattering. The reason why I feel the need to talk about the plastic smurf shoes, is because for 1. Billie from mix 99.9 has been talking about them for the last few mornings...and has the same out look (never should you wear a pair of shoes to work that you can hose off) and 2. Because I came across a picture of the latest invention…Croc high heels!! Please god no! I have kept quiet for quite sometime about the shoes, but have to draw the line there! Ha!
Ps. I start school on Tuesday. Where does the time go?

No comments: