Saturday, June 20, 2009

nike

This weekend I decided to make my way up north to detox, tan, ride, relax and finish my AQ course! Other than relaxing I haven't been able to check off my list! Last time I was up the weather wasn't in my favour, and again as I sit here trying to work on my course I am finding everything and anything to do...including watching the U.S open! ha! It's pouring rain! Anywho, a couple weeks ago I was going through boxes - boxes from our Birchview house and I came across my Nothing Books. In '94 when I went to camp I started a "Nothing Book"...a book full of quotes, pictures, sayings and the odd thoughts. Not really a diary, just a creative outlet to write down some cool poems (sounds familiar). The 2 books I created stayed with me until the year 2000. It is so interesting to go through your past; especially to reminisce about the people who were such a big part of your life back then. Too funny! Anywho thought I would share one of my fav poem that made it into both nothing books.
"After awhile you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and possessing a soul. And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security, and you learn that kisses aren't contracts and parents aren't promises, and you learn to accept your defeats with your head held high and your eyes open. With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child. You learn to build your roads on today because tomorrows grounds are too uncertain for plans and future have away of falling down in mid flight and after awhile you learn that even sunshine burns if you have too much. So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. And you learn that you really can endure and you really have worth. An you learn and learn, with every good-bye you learn." - NIKE

No comments: