Tuesday, October 13, 2009

my desk companion

it's funny how every so often I feel it necessary to open up my melody beattie book and find an excerpt about how I may or how I would like to feel at a specific time in my life...and how I feel that I should include it in an entry. I'm not sure if you all take anything from the excerpts...but if you do for just one of my million melody beattie excerpts than we are somewhat on the same page for a moment of our lives. hmmm? anywho here ya go:
Let Yourself Be Who You Are
It's difficult to be around people who are trying to be perfect - perfectly healthy, perfectly polite, perfectly poised, perfectly controlled.
Remember that being human means being imperfect, being flawed. Let yourself be. Let others be. Slouch in your chair. Eat with the wrong fork. Laugh out loud. Stand up and reveal who you are and know that you're good enough.
Stop worrying that people will find out who you really are. Instead, hope that they do. Help them by openly sharing yourself and being not what you think you should be, but who you really are.
Freedom is just a small step away - a step into self-love and acceptance.
When you take it, others will follow. And they'll be grateful you lead the way.
ps. Did anyone else notice a little Jake (from Bachelorette) sitting in the audience of dancing with the stars....new Bachelor perhaps? Heather and I think so.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Don't get me wrong...I do like Jake...I just think there were some better options for the star of the show!! But who knows...maybe he will be entertaining...hopefully!

E. Bryce said...

I know that's what Heather and I were saying. I loved him at the start of the show..but then he turned into a bit of a dork...would rather see Kypton or Reid as the new guy!

V. said...

let yourself be who you are is such truth! Thanks so much for sharing! What is this book you speak of??
V.

little h. said...

i wish it would be mike...sigh he was my pick...but i have a sinking suspicions that Jake's placement was very strategic.

E. Bryce said...

The book is called: Journey to the Heart. Daily Meditations. By Melody Beattie. Got it at Chapters...my yoga instructor reads from it every so often. Totally recommend it!