Saturday, May 1, 2010

Boston...holla!

check and check! It's taken me awhile to really sit down and reflect on the fact that I accomplished one of my all time goals...to participate and finish the Boston Marathon! It took me 3 marathons to finally get a time under 3:40 that was to allow me to take part in a marathon that all runners dream of one day saying that they were there, they ran it, and they got the jacket to prove it! sigh! The entire weekend was a weekend I will always remember. There were 26,776 entrants, 23,071 starters and 22,588 finishers in the 114th race. The entire city was buzzing with excitement and unity...it was a feeling I really can't put into words. I wore my jacket all weekend, and so did the rest of the 23,000 runners...and to know we all were there because of the dedication, hard work, and determination was something to be proud of! The actual race day turned out to be somewhat of a different experience then I had hoped, in that it turns out an injury really can stop you...but I crossed the finish line after a long 4 hours and more of crying, smiling, sweating, crying, cheering, walking, running and crying some more and was so happy to see close to the finish line the poster my parents created for me. The mental and physical battle I had throughout the race seemed to somewhat disappear when crossing the big blue line that I knew that i would have done it all again!! Being part of the Boston Marathon is one of the greatest feelings in the world!! 15924 boooya! Congratulations also to Sarah and Katie who also put a big check mark on their bucket list! Onto the next goal as dreams really can come true! Hugs and love to my parents, Jodie, Chris, Heather, Lyndon and John who helped to make it a weekend to remember! xo

2 comments:

V. said...

I just gots chills. What a weekend. I have been trying desperately to blog about the experience but I am just trying to swallow it all down still! CONGRATS again Erin! You did it! You are a BOSTON MARATHONER. No one can EVER take that away from you!
Vings xo

V. said...

PS Looooves the pic!!! XO