Monday, October 18, 2010

our first official dinner party

and many more to come! So last night the fam dam all made their way to McMurrich to celebrate a family tradition of having lovely Sunday night dinners! Chris and I worked long and hard to get this place ready...new fire place, paint, seasonal touches, and last but not least trying to figure out what to cook! I whipped up (don't mind me), 2 whole roasted chickens, with some veg, gravy, and salad. Other than a little glich of swapping fridges I thought it all went well! Thanks to my fam for coming over and christening 'our' place :)
a couple random tid bits - here goes:
....as I was having a low key weekend, Sunday morning I set my alarm to watch the Toronto Marathon runners run down our streeet...I was a little in awe and thought it was such a surreal experience. I can't say I have actually ever really watched runners...and I couldn't help but be so proud of everyone out there pounding the pavement accomplishing one of their life goals! Fair play!
....I joined TYC gym and LOVE it! I took my first boxing class on Tuesday and was still sore up until Saturday where I showed Chris a thing or two of my jabs and hooks. ha! They also have great yoga and spinning classes (and everything in between)...so anyone in the hood, totally recommend you join!
....recently tried Quinoa...a healthy alternative to rice! Lots of fibre and very nutritious and delicious...just an fyi from me to you.
alright peace out!
xo

No comments: