Friday, January 14, 2011

easy peasy banana bread

So I dable at cooking...I don't mind it if it's easy and I know it tastes good. The other day I made banana bread that was fantastic (If I don't say so myself) and have just put another pan into the oven using our over ripe bananas and since I am procrastinating from writing report cards I thought I should share for all of you out there that wants to 'bake' but that doesn't require too much effort. I got the recipe from simplyrecipies.com but I made some alterations to it to make it a bit more healthy. Here goes:
Banana Bread Recipe
Ingredients:
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas - smashed
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of cane sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of spelt flour
Method:
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat oven to 350F. With a wooden spoon, mix coconut oil into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the cane sugar, egg and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over mixture and mix in. Add the spelt flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a coconut oil greased loaf pan (I also sprinkle on a bit of cinnamon just before putting into oven). Bake for 1 hour. Cool on rack. Remove from pan and voila! Tastes delish!

No comments: