Wednesday, October 24, 2007

California Wildfires


Every morning while getting ready for school I watch the Today Show. They do such an amazing job of informing the viewers of current events....and currently as everyone must know (or don't...but you do now) that California is suffering severe wildfires. It is just so tragic, I can't even imagine! Yesterday I just felt so guilty that it was pouring rain, while across the country and south, California was and is desperate for water and rain! The world acts in mysterious ways. It's surreal how much power mother nature has over us! My heart goes out to all the community members of California, you're all in my thoughts! This morning Matt Lauer (or it might have been Meredith...it was early i forget) was interviewing a couple who had just arrived back to their home, to find everything in ashes. It was an emotional interview that reached out to me as if I was experiencing it myself. Matt had asked if they had a chance to grab anything before they vacated their home...and there comment was 'each other' and their dog. All day today I was thinking that if that were to happen to me (knock on wood) and I had one or two things to grab what would I bring with me? I still don't really know my answer...because when it comes down to it...there isn't anything in my room that I would desperately need to live with. As long as my friends and families are safe and are with me then that's all I would need to live. Of course if I had time to pack an enormous bag...well then it would be much different; my jewellery, computer, pictures, new dress, my teddy bear made of my Nana's fur coat, my boots, old cards, and it could go on...In all seriousness though I just couldn't imagine! May day 4 (today) of the California Wildfires be the last day!
(ps. This morning the Today Show played a video of the fires that was choreographed to the song......stood beneath an orange sky...well I had a dream last night...it was very well done!)

No comments: