Monday, December 3, 2007

My '411' from the weekend

Have you ever been so tired that your thoughts start to blurr and you aren't able to even see straight?!? Well yesterday I showed all the signs and symptoms of a person being 'burnt' out...and it has carried over to today as well. This weekend was a power packed weekend of activities! Friday night Steph and I went to Yoga and then to see Enchanted at the theatres (totally recommend it...uber cute!) Saturday was started off with some yoga (challenging class) and then sandwich making all day in preparation for Sunday. In the evening I headed into Toronto to attend Tate and Cindy's wedding (first picking up Kim& Rich followed by Christina - she was my fab date for the night) Wedding was very special, and of course there were a couple tears...I am a sapper for speeches! Cindy's twin sister said the most memorable and relatable speech (at least to me)...Tate's dad also had a great speech! The wedding was held in the Fermenting Cellar in the Distillery - very unique! At 1:30 I decided that it was time to head out, but with lack of windows we all were unaware of the blizzard that was happening outside and the lack or should I say "no taxi situation" we were all stranded there...and seeing as all the furniture, lighting, tables etc were rented, at 2am the couches we were all sitting on as we were waiting for taxi's were being taken out from right under us....some even resorted to lying on the carpets...until those were also taken from under us. Kim then called her mom in Mississauga to come and save us and take us home. So at 4:30 I strolled into the house, after a long drive! Nightmare of a night! My alarm (my mother) then woke me up at 8:30am where we continued to make sandwiches and prepare for Jodie's Baby shower. I am getting tired writing all of this down...but it was a great shower, amazing gifts, lots of friends, great nibblies (especially the sandwiches!) and Jodie looked great! So crazy to think I will be an Aunt in less than a month, and Jodie will be a mom! Super happy for her (and for the 1/3 of the guest who to0 are also pregnant!) "Pink or Blue, we welcome you!"
Ps. The picture of the lil one is Bailey O'Regan (Sarah and Jake's little girl)
Enough procrastinating I need to get working on my essay! Did I mention things are nutso busy with school....ahhh! 2 more weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Life is tough!!! But it does sound like you had a good weekend. The finishing of it to me was spending all day at Jodies painting the baby's room...It does look good though if I do say so myself.... 3 weeks to go!!!!

Anonymous said...

...wish I could have made the wedding, but saving lives is important too (kind of). 11 days to go!!! miss you!! xx

ps. hey bren - You wouldn't believe it, but life is even tougher when you're not on a permanent holiday!!! haha love you!!