Sunday, March 30, 2008

Chalk it up!

So today I accomplished one of my goals: to complete the 30km "Around The Bay" run in Hamilton (oldest road race in North America) what a great feeling! The first 20k were pretty smooth, I was beating my ideal time by 2 minutes, but as I approached the last 10k I knew the hills (sorry cliffs) we going to be a little bit of a challenge...and they were...but I stayed on track and beat my goal by 12 seconds ;) (I was pacing as I would to try and complete a 3:45 marathon). It just so happened that my cousin Heather and I saw each other at the 2km mark and decided to run it together...she did awesome!! and it was great to run with her...though while she was talking, all I could do was nod and smile and stay in my zone! (I'm not much of a conversationalist when I am running)! Anywho so as I ran across the finish line that was set up inside the Copps Coliseum I couldn't help but be a little emotional and I shed a couple tears for the feeling of knowing I DID IT! Sorry that I am on my podium right now, but it's a proud moment. To all of you who run no matter what your time is and what race you are in, I applaud you!
Place: 1257/5550
Name:ERIN BRYCECity: Oakville
Bib#: 4784
Time: 2:40:00.9
Chip: 2:39:47.4
Pace: 5:21
Category: Women 25 - 29
Category Place: 53/257
Gender Place: 289/2089
Split @10km: 51:52
Split @15km: 1:18:34
Split @20km: 1:44:46

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats Erin that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Erin!!!! I was thinking of you all day today!!! How special...you and your cousin running together!!! Love you darlin!!!! Here's to the marathon...and Andy comming home for a few days xoxo
Mom

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to be home in two weeks to see you!!!!! xoxxoxxxox

Holly said...

That's amazing Erin!! Congratulations!!!