Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Home

After a little bit of a hiatus this month and a pond hopping flight last night I am back in Oakville...and of course I want to go back to both Ireland and Florida and spend more time with Andrew and my family. But I am home, and today was spent doing as much as one can do in a day...from going to work, to class, to my daily run, to then pulling out the vacuum and sucking up all the cat hair I could (eeesh!), to then doing some laundry, going grocery shopping, and pulling out the Honey Nut Cheerio's and a glass of OJ for din din (yawn!). I think the last time I had cereal for dinner was in Uni or maybe even in Highschool...so no judgement, I just couldn't be bothered to either go for sushi or make myself something that takes more than 2 minutes...so cereal it was...it kind of brought me back to the time when I would have, dare I say, popcorn for dinner. ha! those were the days (highschool days) I never said I was domesticated! Any who so now that I have stopped moving, I feel a little sad not having people around me at all times. boo hoo! Oh well things are of course super busy now that I am home and Andrew and family will be arriving home before I know it!

This Sunday I have my first Around the Bay 30km run in hammertown. I know I am ready for it, but I am a little nervous! While I was in Florida, I continued with my running schedule and had to run a 28km run. So I went to Mapmyrun.com (best website ever) and figured out a nice route (with the help of my mom). I left at 8am on Sunday, with 2 water bottles and gels strapped to me, while listening to my Ipod...and let me tell you I now have an idea of what it feels like to run through the desert! So hot! I now have a sports bra tan, as the sun went straight through my shirt. I also ran out of water at 1:41mins in and thank god my parents showed up on their bikes to rescue me by filling up my bottles. It felt damn good to jump in the Ocean after that run! Any who, so I know I can do the 30km, it will just be a matter of getting a somewhat decent time. So wish me luck! Ah! Well as you can tell I am use to talking to people, so this entry a little lengthy...sorry! Hope everyone had a great long weekend!

"Runners just do it - they run for the finish line even if someone else has reached it first." - Author Unknown

ps. Did Heidi not look a little bit like a Robo-Blonde on Monday night...fake much? She is gorgeous, but I think when she got her lips done she took it to an entire new level.
pps. As was debated on the Today Show this morning, this months Vogue issue featuring LeBron James and Gisele Bundchen has stirred up some controversy between Vogue and the readers. My thoughts: can a cover not just be a cover? Is there really a need to over analyze? I think it's a great cover, celebrating 2 superstars at the top of their game! check out: www.chicagotribune.com for more information.

No comments: