Friday, March 21, 2008

Slim Cow

Yesterday I hopped on a plane to meet up with my parents, my sister and Mitchell in Naples, Florida! It's so nice to be in the warm weather and hanging out with my family. It feels as if it's been while; and of course Mitchell is cuter than ever. Tomorrow we are heading to an Easter Egg hunt held by Mediterra where Mitchell is going to clean up! Our strategising has already begun...we made our way to Target to get a top notch Easter basket...Easter bunny here we come! I will post some pictures of our extravaganza tomorrow. Ok so lately I have found that I have caught on to the new gimmick happening in grocery stores across the country...the 100 Calorie snacks..and last night we had some what of a discussion. I of course have been sucked in and think...ahh it's only 100 calories...that's nothing (and so the advertising has worked). So a skinny cow snack or an oreo thin crips seems like a small helping. My dad on the other hand thinks that by stating it's 100 calories it makes him think he must be eating a ton of calories through the day and doesn't like how it says 100 calories. Anywho not sure why I wanted to share my thoughts, but I just think it's such a funny concept. What does 100 calories mean to you? I think the box should say, if you have gone for an hour run, eat up!
Alright next thing on the agenda, I have recently finished my second Jodi Picoult book My Sister's Keeper. (Thanks Elecia) It was very good! Another book I could not put down. I'm not one for getting emotional as I read, but as I was on the plane yesterday I found myself holding back the tears as I was nearing the end. Love this book! And because I am still on the Picoult train, I have just recently picked up her newest book Change of Heart I will let you know if she turns out to my fav author of 08!
Happy Easter Long Weekend Y'all!

1 comment:

little h. said...

i really liked my sister's keeper too...very emotional ending