Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Fill The Cup

On Monday Drew Barrymore was on the Oprah show...and ever since Monday I can't help but think about the amazing program: "Fill the Cup". On the show Drew Barrymore donated $1 million dollars to the United Nations World Food Programme to help feed the children in Africa. "I've seen with my own eyes what a difference a simple cup of nutritious porridge can make in a child's life," Barrymore, 33 said. "It helps them learn, stay healthy and sets them on track for a bright future." Drew Barrymore got involved with the charity in 2005, and became an Ambassador against hunger last year. "We have a dream...to feed another 10 million hungry children in Africa by Thanksgiving Day" added the organization's Executive Director Josette Sheeran who was also on Oprah. While watching the show I found myself crying over the situation in Africa and also when listening to Drew Barrymore's powerful attempt to get the viewers to listen.... VERY smart of her to send out the message on the greatest forum in the world...the Oprah Show! If anything it got me to listen and I have contributed what I could and can.... which wasn't much but every penny helps...so please everyone visit http://www.drewbarrymore.com/ to learn more about the amazing program. Even a small donation will go a long way. It takes just 25 cents to fill one of the Red Cups that WFP uses to give hungry kids a school meal. This food will not only feed bodies, but also minds, and will help transform lives. Help us Fill the Cup!

No comments: