Thursday, March 26, 2009

Matt Nathanson

Through the grapevine (from kinndli to katie to me) I got hold of a new artist (or new to me)...Matt Nathanson. He is awsome! My kind of tunes! Here is a little synopsis of Matt Nathanson from ITunes: Matt Nathanson sings about desire, disappointment and dysfunctional relationships. The songwriter totes a 12 string guitar and punctuates gentle pop tunes with rousing choruses that overflow with passion. New listeners should start with "Come On Get Higher", a catchy gem that sounds instantly recognizable. Nathanson's music oozes with seemingly effortless pop sensibilities, but he gives glimpses into the refinement process by placing re-recorded versions of select songs on subsequent albums. To me he is a mixture of Damien Rice meets Dave Matthews meets a little bit of the Indigo Girls - a perfect blend! Top songs to download: Come On Get Higher, Laid, All We Are, I Saw and Princess. Hope you enjoy!
ps. heading to Florida tomorrow till Tuesday! Good luck to all the ATB runners!

No comments: