Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

Happy New Year! 2010 already? Where does time go? Well, may this year be the year I have been waiting for. Though the end of 09 was pretty great, I would love to keep the momentum going and have a few more smiles this year! I wish everyone the same! Life is too short to have unfulfilled dreams! Anywho so I am back from the sunny (but cold this time around) state and have started off on the right foot. Went for a 'special' 16k run with my group this morn at 7...and it seems it has been awhile since I have been pushed that hard. Within the 16 we had to do a stair drill (intense) and then when hitting the 14k mark had to do a 9 minute time trial around the track (sprinting) to then run back the our starting point. Eesh. Though I am fighting to stay awake, I felt it was such a great start to the new year and have finally had my wake up call (no more excuses...I am in training mode!). Anywho back to my vacay to Florida....of course we had a great time...took awhile to get there, but the florida lifestyle is lovely. Everyone is so active and you just feel so much healthier when you are there (the Bryce retreat is also top notch). sigh. As it was a little cold, we still got to fit in some beach days and golf, but did some discount shopping (I am officially dating a bargain shopper!), puzzle action (picture included...1500 pieces and though we desperately tried was unable to finish it....hopefully our late joiner, brenda, is able to add the finishing touches and we can frame 'er), bike ride, new year part'ay, intense weight work out where I destroyed my arm muscles and am still feeling the pain, and of course being mesmerized by Mitchell growing before our eyes - he is such a cutie and so funny! 'onk onk'! Anywho so now back to the real world...dont think I will be working tomorrow, but I have a job on Tuesday and will hope 2010 brings me the career I am ready for!
ps. my bro and Dave - Team Facial...are currently in Vegas competing in the World Championships of Beer Pong. Oh dear! They are 5 and 2...and are hoping to make it all the way. I guess all those long 'tough' hours of practicing are finally paying off. ha! Good luck! Bring home the trophy!
pps. thanks B&B for a great trip! xoxo
ppps. Mitchell turns 2 in 3 days!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am down to about 100 pieces left on the puzzle...of course the toughest...the tree!!!! I will get it done!!!Cold in Florida...today is freezing...I am dressed in UGGS (Good buy this year and a down filled vest) Miss you all but see you on Thursday
mom xo