Thursday, January 28, 2010

if i write it down

alright for all you 'my two pennies' readers...you will know that Heather and Marissa have joined the 365 Fashion Rehab movement and have decided to stop shopping until May. The 2 girls of 365 Fashion Rehab have made a pack with each other to not shop for a year...and now that I have read their blog several times, I understand that we have lots in common and I bow down to their efforts. When Heather decided a month ago that her and Marissa were going to stick with some simple rules of not buying a thing until the finish date, I was like, "oh I am so in! I of all people need to save some mula!" However, I have had 2 cave ins...purchased a cute little dress from H&M that I wore after a wee emotional break down, and just recently visited H&M to buy yet another get up...a plaid 'boyfriend' shirt to wear with leggings. argh! I just couldn't help it...I have been on a roller coaster this past month and thought to myself...what's one purchase...one tin-ey win-ey purchase in the grand scheme of things? so today is the day when I put a stop to new digs and instead focus on the goal of not shopping until the Boston Marathon. (April 19th) Why not until May? Well for one, I no matter the lack of funds in my wallet WILL. be getting a boston marathon jacket! Then perhaps I will get back on the band wagon and get myself to May 21st...my bday! I. can. do. it!! Oh man!
...alright on a side note: though starbucks is allowed as it is not a fashion item...I need to limit my intake! Give me a day or 2 to decide how many I am cutting out a week. Latte factor will get ya every time.
ps. I have also given myself a move out date...thus being the reason why I need to join Heather and Marissa in their quest! wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can do it! April is better than nothin'!
-maris

little h. said...

yah we beleive in you! we will be your sponsors