Monday, February 1, 2010

Grammys run down

Ah the good ol grammys. Favourite moments of the night: loved loved loved when Elton John came out and performed with Lady 'crazy' G. They performed my all time fav song...though I'm still questioning the arms coming out of the piano and the dirty faces...I did love the shades and their voices working together, so of course give the opening act a 5. Next up, also thought Pink's performance was top notch. So peaceful. She is a true performer and quite the athletic gal! Of course who could not have loved the Michael Jackson tribute song...especially the performers that were chosen...I just wished someone would have told me prior to that I should have kept my 3D shades from Avatar on the weekend. I love when award shows incorporate the 'greats'...and though I know you all have mixed reviews, it's always nice to see Celine Dion belt out some cords - Jennifer Hudson is also cray good. Other mentionable moments: my new fav band Lady Antebellum was able to share their music. Definitely a must download album. I saw them open up for Keith Urban in concert and they were fabulous...and looking forward to radio stations playing more of their tunes. Best dressed of the night goes to: Sheryl Crow. Though the picture doesn't do her justice, when she walked up on stage I was in dress, hair and accessory envy - also shoulder envy. Anywho was a great award show...sorry if you feel I missed something...I had some of it PVR'ed and of course was happy when I could fast forward through Jamie Foxx (most overrated fella)...and rewind on my fav spots. Beyonce...always great!
ps. Happy Birthday to my mom, who celebrated her big day on Saturday! love you! Looking forward to seeing you and everyone on Wednesday and to head up north for the weekend!
pps. off to hot yoga I go
ppps. I did miss something: though I enjoy the odd Taylor Swift song...and do believe she should win the odd award, I don't feel it is her time yet to win a Grammy. Best album of the year...come on? ok peace out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have it taped as would love love love to watch it in it's intirety...as we all missed it down here in Florida. We did manage to watch some of it but all fell asleep!!!! See you on Wed!!! and then off to Collingwood!!!
Mom xo