Thursday, February 18, 2010

with glowing hearts

Long overdue post...so here goes....what a spectacular feeling to have the 2010 Olympics right here in Canada! Just wish I had some hookups and could have made it over to vancouver to take part in the action...but none the less I will cheer from the other side of the country and smile with pride as the Canadians bring home the medals! I truly enjoyed watching the opening ceremonies, though have to say wasn't too pleased about their choice of the opening act - how are we ever going to shake the stereotype of us Canadians all living in igloos and driving our dog sleds around...hmmm. Is that what Canada is all about? I'm glad that buddy with the beard (Shane Koyczan) said a fab speech about what a Canadian truly is! "we are the true north - strong and free - and what's more - is that we didn't just say it - we made it be." great speech eh? I also loved loved loved when Sarah Mclachlan sang, and KD Lang belted out one of my favourite songs: Hellelujah. what a great come back. I thought the skiiers and boarders that danced along the fabric mountain was pretty cool, and the 3D sea life that changed my views forever of floor projection presentations was amazing...I loved that Nancy Greene and Wayne Gretzky were 2 of the last torch carriers and most of all I again love that the 2010 Winter Olympics is being held in Canada!
ps. Medal count is at 6! yay!
pps. Though I have never been one to watch sports on tv...yes i know that's strange...but I can't help but find myself turning on the tv more often to see what Olympic sport is being televised! Saw the half pipe session last night - Shaun White is crazy good!

No comments: