Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Recharge your battery

Rest when you're tired. Take a break when life stales. Take time to recharge your battery.
Energy isn't something you have - it's something you are. To give and give and give, to put out without taking in, depletes your battery. It drains you, runs you down. Running on a low battery is no longer necessary, because now we know how to live differently.
Taking time to rest, renew, and refresh yourself isnt wasted time. Recharge. Choose what energizes you. Nature. A song. The voice of a friend. A nap. A hot bath. A cup of tea. A favourite program. A movie that makes you laugh or cry. A walk. A run. A prayer. A poem. A book that speaks to your soul.
Actions that emerge from an energized source are easier,
go further, accomplish more. Let your work and love come from a vital spirit.
- journey to the heart

Being injured is soo hard for me! I have been able to workout, do yoga, or even go for a walk since Sunday...I haven't even gone to work. Chris sent me a text to say let myself rest and re-charge...and though that sounds easy...for me it is near impossible! My body feeds off the action of doing things. I need to keep saying..."just let yourself heal" argh!!

No comments: