Monday, February 21, 2011

fam day

Happy Family Day! But most importantly Happy Long Weekend! Chris and I as per usual decided to do a cross country trip and headed to Ottawa and Tremblant for the weekend. I was looking forward to spending some time with his fam (which of course we did), but also to finally skate the canal and celebrate Winterlude. However, because of the lovely thaw we had on Thursday (which I wouldn't have traded for anything), the canal was closed on the day we wanted to go and the ice sculptures we did see seemed a little melted. Needless to say Mr. Carriere owes me a winterlude canal date in 2012 ;) However, we did make our way to Tremblant and enjoyed some boarding. I'm always amazed by what Canada has to offer. Tremblant is a pretty cool village and has some great slopes. Definitely recommend a visit. Anywho Happy Family Day to all! The Bryce's will be celebrating our Family Day during March break where we are ALLLL making our way to Florida.
p.s. I am officially back running again. Chris and I signed up for the Benz 10k race in May...so that has given me a kick start into training for something again. Perhaps a half in the fall. allllright, peace out Sushi just arrived!
pps. Took dance lessons for the very first time this past week...due to cost we are going to youtube our lessons until we find a place that is reasonable in yorkville. never an easy task..but I quite enjoyed the 2 lessons we had :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!!! Cant wait till March 12We will all be together...Write more often please...Miss your writing!
Mom xoxo