Monday, March 28, 2011

Calling all friends, families and readers!

Hi Family and Friends!!

On June 11-12th I will be participating in a 2-day major cycling event called The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting The Princess Margaret, one of the top 5 cancer research hospitals in the world.

I'll be cycling over 200km that weekend, from Toronto to Niagara Falls, with thousands of other Riders. All the proceeds will go to The Princess Margaret to support cancer research, treatment, and services. The Princess Margaret is Canada's leading comprehensive institution devoted to cancer research and care, and the work they're doing is leading-edge.

I've agreed to raise at least $2,500, which is the most overwhelming part of the entire event...and I have had sleepless nights over this number. BUT I know I can do it!! So here's where you come in (my lovely friends and family), because I need your help to do that!! (Lots of help!!) Could you please consider making a donation? (Of ANY amount!!) Use the link at the bottom of this email to go visit my webpage, and please take the time to support me. Please keep in mind the commitment I'm making to end this heartbreaking disease and the personal efforts I'll have to make to accomplish this.

When I say "heartbreaking," here's what I mean: research at the National Cancer Institute of Canada show 171,000 estimated new cases of cancer in Canada this year and 75,300 estimated deaths from cancer in Canada this year. That's why I'm riding. To do something BIG about cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Thank you in advance for your generosity, I will be forever greatful!

Sincerely,

Erin (and Team Hope)


Thank you to Heather, Christina, Chris, My parents, Jenny, and Mike who made the first donations!! Holla!! Love ya!

ps. please help me and pass along my email to all your friends and family!!

Click here to visit my personal page.If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:http://www.conquercancer.ca/site/TR?px=2580082&pg=personal&fr_id=1361&fl=en_US&et=tlgPtJw6Wghy7YUXsVmttA..&s_tafId=195901 Click here to view the team page for Team HopeIf the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:http://www.conquercancer.ca/site/TR?team_id=36192&pg=team&fr_id=1361&fl=en_US&et=WzTIbKQGyEXIpQzjcRx3jw..&s_tafId=195901

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow!!! You are almost half way there!!!

mom said...

OMG!!! you are such a loving person and as I have always tried to instill on you, your brother and sister..".Do onto others as you would like have done onto yourself"
Looks like you have done this!!! Love you!!xoxo
You will have a great ride!!!