Saturday, September 15, 2007

fall weekend

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” - Buddha

I am up at the cottage for the weekend. It feels like it's been a couple weeks since I have been here...and it's nice to be back...a little too relaxing though as I have been pacing the cottage a little bit...so instead of pacing I put my runners on and went for my cottage run. What a gorgeous day for running...however it is officially fall...as it was quite chilly out. So now that I am back from my run I decided to make a fire and put my feet up and drink some tea. However, as much as I like to think I could survive out in the forest...and have tried over the years with my many years as a camper...I have never been able to master a log burning fire. The wood just doesn't seem to want to catch for me?!? very strange...one day I will get it done! Any who I found the above quote and thought it was very appropriate and thought I would share!
ps. I felt Jodie's little wonton kick the other day! so surreal and so exciting!

1 comment:

Angela said...

i needed that quote today more than anything!

p.s. sounds like a perfect weekend at the cottage... except can i just say - you are too good! if i'm bored and pacing around i'd find something to eat... you? go for a run. amazing.