Sunday, September 23, 2007

Devils Martini = Bachelorette extravaganza

So after meeting up with Brooke yesterday and hearing her amazing news (mike popped the question!!) Heather and I decided to join up with her, Mike, Yocom, Warren and some others at Devils Martini. (a bar that should never be visited unless completely wasted, with beer (wine) goggles on!!). When entering the bar at 10 we noticed a few bachelorette groupies...some with quirky t-shirts on, funky (tacky) hats, and boas on...then as the night went on Heather and I were mesmerized (completely shocked) as one after another bachelorette parties entered the front doors and filled the bar..there must have been over 30 groups. The later the night got the more gruesome the outfits got....skimpy little tanks (on not so healthy looking broads), bright coloured wigs, pageant sashes, and candy games pasted on shirts to name a few...and the dancing got even worse. I don't mean to be a scrooge about all of this, as I am sure every single one of these groups were having a great time. I just wonder, have we not come to the terms that getting married doesn't mean ending your partying ways...and if it does (for those few who go into hibernation afterwards) do you really want to have your last party at Devils Martini? The guys there are Creeeeepy! I for one, when the day comes, would rather go to a spa, relax while enjoying my best girlfriends company, to then go for dinner and dish on life with a lil' bit of vino, or head up to the cottage and have a great weekend with friends...but I guess that's just me.

2 comments:

little h. said...

totally. devils martini-ing; been there...done that...no need to go back...

i mean who gets suckered into paying $5 to suck a candy off some chick's shirt ...hahahah...wink wink...nudge nudge... ;)

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! For my Bachelorette Heather planned a night of pottery painting (everyone painted a piece for me) then a nice dinner and martini's at Jam and it was so much fun - it's just nice to spend some quality time with girlfriends before you get married...none of that craziness!