Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Dr. Oz is Back

Yesterday after my run I decided to do some stretching while watching Oprah. It feels as if it's been while since I have sat down and enjoyed my fav tv host, so it was nice to be reacquainted. Anywho so Dr. Oz was back in town and he shared with Oprah and the viewers the Ultimate Anti-Aging Checklist. Now that I am approaching 30 (please note that was tough to type out...and I still feel miles away from it), I felt the need to listen up. Of course I believe all in moderation, and it's nearly impossible to follow everything someone has to say, but it's good to listen and make an attempt to change the way you live for a better life.
Ultimate Anti-Aging Checklist:
1. Food
2. Exercise
3. Meditate
4. Sleep & Sex
5. Vitamins
Here is what the Doc had to say about each category...
Food: You should have 5 servings (5 fist fulls) of Antioxidants a day, 4 cups of green or white tea daily, 1 glass of red wine daily (right on!), 25mg of Fiber, daily Omega 3 (flax & seaweed...ya for sushi), and 1 to 2 tbsp of Olive oil a day.
Exercise: Get your heart rate up 3x a week (min. 20 mins). To calculate where your heart rate should be at when you are excerising here is the calculation: (220-age)*.80. Also you should do a min of 30 mins of strength training weekly and make sure to do flexibility exercises daily (yay for yoga)
Meditate: enough said (Dr. Oz says that you should chant "yumm" or if you do yoga you can chant "Ommm". The vibrations you feel when chanting help to release stress, and help to clear up your sinuses. Ps. "Om" is the sound the world makes when it's in perfect harmony...just a little tid bit I learnt when travelling in Thailand.
Sleep & Sex: Sleep - 7-8 hours a night Sex: 2-3 times a week. (ps. I read that when training for a marathon you should be sleeping 10-11 hours a night...ya ok...who has that much time?)
Vitamins: Vit D - 1000IU, Calcium with Magnesium, DHA Omega 3 600mg, 2 baby aspirin (IF over 40), and a multivitamin
...easy peasy!
note: smoking ages you 10 year!! 10 years PEOPLE!!
ps. What's with the record amount of snow days? I figure if we live in Canada, bring on the snow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you record that one as I wouldn't mind watching it!!! see you tomorrow
Mom xo