Friday, February 1, 2008

Snow Day

Well the weather people were right it's snowing...and it doesn't look like it's going to let up! Which is fine by me, if we are going to live in a place that has seasons than bring on the snow!
Any who, well as some of you know I have signed myself up to run the Mississauga 42km Marathon on May 11th. ahhh! I have grown up running for as long as I can remember, I think it was training for ski racing when I was 13 that really forced me to run, and ever since then I have somewhat enjoyed going for a run (when the run is over being the best part). A few years ago I completed the Toronto 1/2 marathon and since I signed up the night before I remember hating everything about it, but of course crossing the finish line!! However, I have always had "running a marathon" on my bucket list and I figure now is the best time to go for it! So 2 weeks ago I signed up with the Oakville running room and I have been sleeping, eating & running ever since. When going for a group run last Sunday morning, I couldn't help but be so excited about this new committment in my life (but also a bit weary!) and to meet people who like myself also want to accomplish this amazing feat. Since Ive always run as a workout when ever it suited me, I never knew about this whole other world I have entered...it was like when I started road biking this past summer and I headed out for my first long ride up into Milton...and coming across a ton of bikers all doing the same thing...I was surprised that there was this whole other world I had no idea about, its the same with running...seeing lots of runners out early in the morning and waving and smiling to everyone as they past as most are still sleeping....has everyone always been doing this? (of course)! So for all of those of you have run a marathon I applaud you and appreciate those of you who have inspired me to follow the path. Happy February!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like you