Saturday, April 26, 2008

T Minus 2 Weeks

Well this morning we officially started to taper our running. Last weekend we did 35k, and this morning we brought it back down to 26k. (I never thought in a million years that I would say "we only have to do 26 this morning"!) As we were approaching the bridge on Lakeshore (our indicator we are almost done) I couldn't help but feel a little sad that in 2 weeks I will no longer be seeing my running group twice a week. We will no longer be sharing our life stories. We have all gotten to know each other so well since way back in January when we first met.....these people are people I may never have met if it wasn't for the running room. We started off a large group and then due to injuries we dwindled down to a few. Because of my group I may never have pushed myself so hard during hill runs, speed work and our long Sunday (Saturday)runs in the snow, freezing rain, sun, wind...so thank you! Thank you Nicola, Alison, Dino, Merritt, Natalia, Grace, Avis, Kim, Joe, and Tom, you all made it worth while...and I am still smiling and would do it all again!
ps. OH MY GOSH my marathon is in 2 weeks (may 11th)! Crazy!!! I get so nervous even thinking about it....I know I can do the distance, now it's just a matter of getting the time I want.
pps. School also finishes in 2 weeks, insane-O!

No comments: