Tuesday, September 29, 2009

hmmm

So I find these days I am a little bit of a lost soul...and the sad thing to know is, I have several friends who are sharing the same thoughts. 2 years ago I stepped off my path and evaluated my life...what do I want to do career wise, where do I see myself in 5 years, what kind of person do I want to be...and after answering those questions...I thought becoming a teacher would suit me the best. However, it seems many other people thought the same thing. As many of you might know, there are currently NO teaching jobs out there. I recently applied to a posting and got a response back saying we are going through the 700 applications we have received and will be getting back to you should you be granted an interview. excuse me? I am even on the 'frozen' eligible to hire list for the TDSB which says they aren't inviting anyone to join the supply list yet....I even had to have an interview to get on this frozen list. argh! I literally feel as if I have exhausted all options (though I will keep pushing forward)...but I now find myself re-evaluating my life again. If I can't teach...then what? Do I go back to what I know? Do I try something new (that doesn't include tuition)? What is it I enjoy doing the most? I have yet to answer that question, as I still feel the answer is working in education..but thought this excerpt was suiting or at least makes me think.
dedicated to my niagara uni friends:
Don't Hurry
Don't worry and fuss about what you're going to do tomorrow, or how tomorrow's answers will come. The way to get through a task, a day, a life is to stay in the present moment.
Racing, pushing, trying to force things forward doesn't work. Not anymore. Hurrying will not speed up the process, or the journey. In fact, if you race ahead of yourself, you may find you need to go back, return to the parts you skipped over, and go through it again fully present.
Yes, there are times we need to press on, times we need to push a bit more. But hurrying won't speed up the process. It will just keep us tense, out of step. To speed up the process, we need to fully immerse ourselves in the moment and then focus our energy, our presence, our emotions, our thoughts, our heart.
Stay in the present moment. Listen to your heart right now. Be gentle and loving with yourself right now. Be open to the guidance around you right now, guidance that will make the present moment come alive.
If you stay in your heart, stay with
yourself, stay in the present, tomorrow's
answers will come just as today's did -
naturally, gently, and on time.
ps. Needed: A job!
pps. At least I have a great weekend to look forward to...Boobyball, Keith Urban Concert and Blanche Nuit

No comments: