Sunday, September 13, 2009

What have you been up to?

As I sit here and procrastinate a wee bit, I can't help to remember a conversation Heather, her friend John and I, had after a concert. Somehow when we were chatting and the conversation lead to the question: when someone asks you, 'what have you been up to this past year?', how would you answer?... all of our automatic reactions would have been to answer "not much, you?"...but when we got more into it, we re-asked each other and came up with a more in depth and thought out answer. It was amazing to hear what we all had to say. A lot sure can happen in a year. Here is what I would say to the person questioning:
This past year I have (in no particular order)...
  • Trained and completed 3 marathons
  • Qualified for the 2010 Boston Marathon
  • Travelled for the first time to the South of France
  • Graduated from Teacher's college
  • Was a bridesmaid for the first time
  • Felt a broken heart
  • Went on my first blind date in 29 years ... and my second
  • Started to open my heart to another
  • Had champagne on top of the Eiffel Tower (yup that is one for the books)
  • Became closer to my support team
  • Started from zero ... but have been picking up the pieces slowly
  • Became an aunt to a 1 year old
  • Biked 95kms in Florida
  • ...and many more...

Poor chap who decides to ask me what I have been up to this past year. ha! Hope everyone had a great weekend! xo (What have you been up to?)

2 comments:

little h. said...

its a great question and its great to have an interesting answer like you have!

E. Bryce said...

you have a great answer too!! we need to make sure we have good responses for next year...Oakvile Curling champs here we come ;)