Thursday, November 26, 2009

their back!

One of my favourite times of year is when you see the ol' wooden box of clementines in the grocery store! I love love love clementines! Yesterday I was in wholefoods picking up some flowers (yes I was not grocery shopping), and saw a floor stand of "cutie clementines" In the past 24 hours I think I have had half the box already! So delicious!! yum! Maybe that is why I had an awsome run this eve! Anywho for y'all that live near a wholefoods I recommend the cutie brand. Perfect in every way.
Health benefits of my lil orange friends:
Nutritionally packed, a medium size clementine is approximately 50 calories (however no one should be counting calories when eating fruit...but that's just my opinion). It's a great nutritional source of Vitamin C, fiber, folate, and potassium. Also packed with antioxidants, this citrus fruit has excellent health benefits.
Excellent for Vision - Research shows beta-carotene and ascorbic acid consumed daily reduces vision loss related to aging.
Citric Acid for Skin Care - This fruit is loaded with an antibacterial agent, citric acid, which helps eliminate bacteria that causes blemishes. Its juice also helps reduce fine lines because Vitamin C stimulates the skin cell's production of collagen. (holla)
Stress Reducing Aroma - The sweet aroma of this fruit is very calming. Studies show the scent triggers a neurotransmitter called serotonin in the brain. When serotonin is released, it gives you a "feel good" feeling.
Enough said!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who was the recipient of your flowers going to be????

little h. said...

i too love these little oranges...i have polished off a box already, but havent tried the cuties...will try soon.