Sunday, December 6, 2009

decorating december

Just before December hit, I somehow convinced Chris to dust off his Christmas decorations that I thought were all a myth and add a little Christmas spirit to his place. I was very impressed by his supplies and as a team we spruced his place up! I love love love this time of year! As Chris didn't need additional decorations I thought I would add one personal touch to his tree (keeping with his colour scheme) and add a little starbucks charm. (The picture of the tree doesn't do it justice...good ol' bb camera). Anywho I just love admiring his tree, there is nothing like being surrounded by a little Christmas loving. I feel this should be a year long tradition - decorate a tree to the season?!?! Just an idea. Continuing on...since then lots of events and memorable moments have occurred. Last weekend a bunch of us went to C5 restaurant at the ROM for Erin's birthday (totally recommend the place...rated in the top 10 i think in the tdot), and then made our way into the hammer to celebrate Dave's surprise bday. Great night...especially the company. The week then flew by with lots of supplying and teaching, and on Friday Chris and I joined some western folks at Lindsay and Will's house where we celebrated Martha, Matt, Christina, Dave and Katy's decision to move to London in January. Not much of a celebration for me, but I am excited for them as they enter into a new chapter in their lives. Might just have to make a visit. (why is it that everyone is leaving..boo hoo!). Then last night met up with some high school peeps to hold up a glass to Amie's 30th. 30?!? where does the time go? And today was spent sleeping in, having tea with Hennum and Box and continuing to knit my aritzia inspired wool sweater and watching the finale of my fav show Amazing Race! One year when the network allows Canadians to participate...I will be there...and racing to win! Anywho this week seems to be another busy one as this time of year always brings on gatherings, but am looking forward to celebrating my Dad's 60th birthday on Saturday and welcoming home Jen! I love December!
Ps. Florida in t-minus 12 days
Pps. Christmas cd of the moment: Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers! holla

1 comment:

little h. said...

erin i had the exact same thought about a year round tree! or at least wreaths...i love all the festive greenery...