Saturday, December 19, 2009

stranded in virginia

well it's official...my dad and i are stranded in West Virginia at the Holiday Inn...and so it seems the rest of the world is! Last night we arrived in at 8pm after white knuckling it for 1.5 hours going 30k to find an enormous line of hopeful hotel guests. We ended up scoring a room, but there were several unlucky ones who slept in the lobby. It is a total gong show...and lucky us are here for another night as all highways are closed. oh dear. Though I have been able to knit through majority of my sweater, I have officially run out of wool and of course have found myself online while watching "The Holiday". hrmph. I am all for massive snowstorms as I feel people become united and the world slows down for a moment...we have even made a couple friends...however, when you still have 12 hours to go and are in desperate need for the sun, this isnt exactly my ideal situation. Anywho c'est la vie.
Sooo since I have all this time on my hands what should I talk about? Well these past couple weeks have of course been busy but have been extremely enjoyable (love this time of year)! December 12th marked my dad's 60th Birthday!...and of course the 7 of us celebrated in style. We booked a reservation for my parents at the four seasons, had cocktails and aps at Chris' (very clean) place, and made our way to Scaramouche. For those of you who have never been a total recommendation!! Top notch!! The food was to die for and melted in your mouth, of course wallets melt a little too, but very delish. On the 13th, the girls and I celebrated our yearly tradition of Kris Krigle exchange, though this year though we were all at Heather's, we didnt all get to be in the same place at once....but so glad we were able to the other weekend. Then to continue the weekend, Chris and I headed to the Nutcracker. Such a great way to kick off the holiday season, however, I think one of us was a wee bit tired. So peaceful to watch the ballet though, took me a bit to settle in, but it was very calming. Fav part the Snowflake princess'...and of course buying a lil' ornament to place on the tree. Then of course this past week was spent supplying and teaching and catching up with Jen. Went out for din to Libretto's on Ossington with Jen, Chris, Dave and Chris to enjoy some italian cuisine...another place to recommend and this time very feasible! I truly enjoy spending time with friends and talking about life over a glass of wine and some great food. Anywho time to close the comp and watch the rest of the movie. But here's hoping we get to leave in the morning...snow snow go away come back another day...
ps. West Virginia seems to be the home of camouflage...y'all let's go a hunting...oh dear!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh so you finally have some time on your hands to do a blog entry....Lets hope the snow stops real soon. I am gettting lonely here. As you know Jodie's flight was even cancelled today. Hope tomorrow is bright and sunny and the snow melts enough to get you here!!
Mom XO