Thursday, December 24, 2009

Twas the night before Christmas

...and I am officially an only child. boo hoo. My dad is driving Jodie to the airport as I write, to go home for the evening and spend Christmas with Kevin, Steph and her family...to then pick up Mitchell tomorrow morning and fly back here for Christmas evening. So this year things are going to be a little different... Previously us 'kids' would wake up at a ridiculously early time and open our stockings...to then head back to sleep and wait for my parents to come and wake us up...to then have some tea and coffee and enjoy exchanging gifts...or watching Mitchell open all his gifts from Nana and Grandpa...and then head out for a really long walk (yes that was a really long run on sentence! ha). This year instead, I am going to be waking up and pretending it's just another day in Florida (however I do get to open a gift in the morn that was delivered to me today...yay!). We are then going to lace up our golf shoes, go play a round, make our way to the movies (hmm what to see?), and pick Jodie and Mitchell up at the airport and have Christmas din...to then have our own lil celebration on boxing day. Oh well...Christmas is about spending time with family...can't wait to see Mitchell tomorrow! safe flight!
Merry Christmas to you all. May this holiday season bring you joy, love, laughter and time with your family.
ps. Check out http://www.silverspot.net/ - It's the movie theatre where we are going to tomorrow...they had me at "you are allowed wine while watching...and comfy leather seats".
pps. Jodie and I are on a mission to complete our Christmas puzzle...here is our status. 1500 pieces. argh! it's actually quite addicting!

No comments: