Monday, June 7, 2010

did someone say Topshop comes to Toronto!?! June 19th?!?

Topshop takes Toronto
Get ready to shop Topshop: Jonathan + Olivia opens high street boutique this June
By Andrew Sardone (NOW magazine)

Jonathan + Olivia’s Jackie O’Brien has pulled off the retail score of the season and landed U.K.-based Topshop for her Ossington store. O’Brien is blowing out J + O’s back wall to create a 800 square foot Topshop boutique that will open to shoppers on Saturday, June 19 at 9 am.
“I don’t want to sound like a geek but I’m really excited to exclusively bring Topshop to Canada,” said O’Brien this morning. “It’s nice to be able to buy fast fashion and mix it with Jonathan + Olivia’s other designer labels like Alexander Wang and Isabel Marant.”
Speculation about which Canadian retailer would land the coveted high street collection has been swirling since the Bay
announced they were in talks with Topshop last December. Holt Renfrew carried supermodel Kate Moss’ Topshop holiday line in 2007 but the Jonathan + Olivia debut will be the first full representation of its main line and Unique Boutique womenswear and shoe collections in the country.
“We’re a forward looking store that debuts new designers in Canada so it’s a good fit,” said O’Brien.
Only 11 other independent stores worldwide, including The Department Store in Auckland, New Zealand and Incu in Australia, have similar access to the collection. Previously, the closest Topshop for Torontonians was its sole U.S. store on Broadway in New York City.
O’Brien talked to other retailers who have launched the line and to avoid the boutique being cleaned out, she will be restocking the Topshop racks ever other day over the launch and bi-weekly after that. The Kate Moss collection and Topshop’s new cosmetics line will arrive at Jonathan + Olivia in the fall.
Launched in Northern England in 1964, the retailer now has over 300 stores in Great Britain and more than 100 international locations. Designer collaborations and accessibly-priced merch with high fashion flavour have put it on the global style map while its sponsorships of emerging talent have helped names like Erdem and Todd Lynn onto the London Fashion Week catwalk.

This is FABULOUS news!! During my many visits overseas throughout the years I would visit Topshop on Grafton my first day of arriving to scope out my future purchases. I would then leave sans purchase and re visit the next day so that I wouldn't impulse shop with all the excitement. As I have not had the opportunity to visit Topshop I have had to resort to other shopping locations to get my fix. HOWEVER, nothing comes close to a sweet, original ,trendy, yet classic find that only topshop can offer! Can't wait for a little Topshop wardrobe revamp! June 19th - I will be there! (well might be at the cottage...but will be there shortly after!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very exciting! Maybe now we can shop online! Although, after my visit to Topshop a week ago in Ireland, I left very disappointed. Usually I have great luck, especially pants for work, but anything I liked there was no size. I also found some of the new line was a little over the top, it was a bad mix of 70's floral design and 80's work out gear. Mind you....I still found a few things to pick up!!
Erin

little h. said...

what?!!!! eek! can we go to the opening together?

E. Bryce said...

Erin! soo jealous that you got a Topshop fix! Hope you enjoyed your time back in Ireland! xo

Heather....yes!!! who else would I go to the opening with!?!?