Wednesday, June 23, 2010

dvf - words to live by

In this months Elle Canada, Diane Von Furstenberg shares with us her top 10 rules to live by...and I just couldn't help but to rip out the article and share it with mon amies. So here goes:
1. Trust Yourself. "The secret to feeling attractive, and to being attractive, is the confidence that comes from knowing who you are and what you believe in."
2. Accept the passage of time. "The older you get, the more you should learn to love life and appreciate the beauty that comes with age."
3. Document your days. "Carry a camera and create an inspiring visual diary of your life."
4. Your suitcase symbolizes your life. "The best way to know a woman is to open her luggage. If she knows how to pack well, it means she understands, and cherishes, how to live a simplified life."
5. Fashionable Friends. "Choose fashion that makes you happy. I hope the clothes I design will become my clients best friends. That way, when they open their closets, they will always encounter someone special."
6. Dress your personality. "Always choose styles that also accentuate your personality. Don't use fashion to try and project a different persona. Authenticity is key."
7. Use you feminine power. "My mother taught me that being a woman is priviledge because the world revolves around us! It is a precious gift, and its power should be used in a subtle and respectful way."
8. Your handbag is your guide. "Before leaving home, check your agenda and organize your bag according to what you have to do that day. Keeping everything in order makes life easier."
9. Induldge yourself. "If you are like me, and don't want to resort to Botox, book regular massages. I'm sure it helps to keep everything firm and in its place."
10 Lead a balanced life. "The best regimen is to keep moving! Never stop working, travelling and seeking adventure. Drink plenty of water, limit alcohol and sugar and get to your yoga class!"
I just loved everything DVF had to say! What a great top 10 to live by...and I think I really do try to live by what she said...perhaps that is why I needed to share! on a side note: i am an excellent packer! Must be because I currently live out of a bag!
ps. 1 year today since CC and I met xo

No comments: