Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

I went to Yoga this morning, and the instructor (Mike) had mentioned something that I couldn't stop thinking about. "People hold all their emotions in their hips and shoulders...so when you do a yoga posture that helps to release these joints you may feel you want to smile, laugh, or even cry." I thought what he said really hit home...after he said that I started to laugh to myself...I know I am strange. But what else I thought was super interesting is I have the tightest hips...and in the early stages of practicing Yoga all the instructors would always tell me to release my shoulders more. Does this all mean I have too much emotion that I am holding back? Hmmph? I consider myself to be an open book most of the times, I tell it like it is, and tend not to hold back (when appropriate). So what am I holding back? I have no idea!! ha!!
Happy Mother's Day mom! and to all the mother's out there, grandmothers, new mothers, and mothers to be! You can definitely (I spelt it right!) tell it's mothers day...traffic into Oakville is nutso and flower shops are a buzzing! May everyone have an amazing day! We're off to Starbucks! Where else would we go? :)
ps. Sometimes life throws you curve balls, and its the decisions you make and how you deal with the decisions that make all the difference. Life never has a clear path, and it never happens as planned! xo
pps. Tonight we are all having din din together...can't wait until June 15th when we (I) will be complete!

1 comment:

Josie said...

That is an interesting thing your yoga guy said. My hips are brutal. I constantly work on them as well as my shoulders. Perhaps he is on to something. I always hold in my emotions until I can't take it anymore then I have a break down and the next day I'm back to normal!! haha Maybe I should try yoga afterall....nah...maybe I will just have you teach me the moves I need to know...ok Erin!

p.s I think they need a day for just women...Happy Women's Day...that way there is a day for all of us to be spoiled.