Sunday, May 27, 2007

Just around the corner

Risk More than others think safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. Claude T. Bissell
This weekend I headed up to the cottage...(be prepared as I will be saying that for most of the summer...I hope) I realize every Sunday night how lucky I am to have the opportunity to head to Muskoka for the weekends. I get to have a mini-vacation every 5 days, which truly lets me unwind and exhale before Monday starts again. This weekend Jodie and I headed for a 2 hour super hilly bike ride to Windemere and back, and then decided to watch movies and relax for the rest of the day on Saturday and because of the rain the movie watching continued on to Sunday.
I know I have said this before, as I tend to repeat things I believe in and totally appreciate, but everyone should go out and purchase a road bike. There is nothing in the world like riding for hours and challenging yourself to the fullest. I grew up playing competitive sports but now that I am older (eeek) I no longer have the opportunity to play 10 sports at one time and to fully challenge myself on a daily basis (even though I try to as much as I can)...however the day I purchased my road bike, a little of what I was missing came back..road biking challenges you: there is no way around it but to get through those hills, to push your legs and lungs that one extra inch and to continue on your route until you have crossed the finish line (home)! I love it! My goal for the summer is to enter into a road bike race, and join the world of experienced bikers. That has been added to my list of goals (My Mentor/Career coach would be proud..ha!)
Ps.June 15th is just around the corner :)
Pps. Uncle Bill, my thoughts are with you! xo

No comments: