Saturday, May 5, 2007

Where in the world is Matt Lauer?

I am a huge Today Show fan! I wake up each morning punch in 280 and start my day listening to Matt Lauer, Meredith Vieira, Al Roker and Ann Curry. They are always the ones who keep me up to date with what is going on in the world, but also to learn about tips and tricks of life (health, happiness, travelling, etc). A week ago or maybe a couple weeks ago they started a segment on the show called "Where in the world is Matt Lauer" (if you know the tune, please sing along) I always look forward to each morning to learn about where Matt goes next. So far he has chosen Galway Ireland and Capetown South Africa along with many others. I get text messages from my mom some mornings telling me where Matt is (even though I too am tuned in)...and after watching where he is it makes me realize how lucky I am to have travelled to these amazing places...especially to Galway and Capetown in the same year (my favourite places in the world)! We all should be so lucky! However I feel we all have the opportunities to go to far off places if we want to or not...sure it will mean you have to save up, and take time off work...but do it, DO IT NOW...life is just way too short to be saying, "maybe next year"....travelling to another part of the world is amazing, awesome, incredible, life changing, must be done, fabulous, like nothing else... (have I made my point?) GO!
ps. today has been a terrible god awful day...and I am thinking good thoughts that it wont be tomorrow...will fill you in another time. I am going to do some yoga now, I think I need some time out from my thoughts and from work!!!
pps. for you bloggers out there...is this "word verification" system not annoying?
ppps. Happy 21st Birthday Steph!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew Dold is in Dublin, Ireland...currently studying the pharmacological effects of anti-malarial agents...'great' times! But he wishes he was in Cape Town, or even better, 148 Reynolds St, Oakville...xoxx

Anonymous said...

ERin a quote for you" Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin".....I kinda like that one..your thoughts????