Sunday, July 15, 2007

Change of direction

On Friday I finally stepped forward and made a change of direction in my career path and my future. In August I will be heading to teacher's college (Niagara University, Toronto Campus). It's something I've always had in the back of my mind as a career that would completely suit me, and one day I was like "I am just going to apply and see what happens"...no regrets! And then the acceptance letter came in the mail, and I shed a couple tears while on the phone, and knew that I had made the right decision. It's only the last month or so with a couple family situations and feeling very comfortable at Mosaic that I have been trying to way the pros and cons of it all...and debating if in fact I want to go back to school and scrape by with no money. I just find that this is the one moment where I have to think about myself and only myself when making my decision....and so here it is...in December 2008 I will officially be a teacher!
Just up north at the cottage at the moment, I think I see the sun...so going to suit up and go for a bike! Yesterday was a packed day (well kind of) did some yoga, then Jodie's new "in-laws" were over at the cottage for some apps, then Kevin's "in-laws" were here for din din, and then I headed to the Edge to meet up with Heather, Holly and Marty to celebrate Heather's bday!! (Happy Birthday Heather) (It was also NHL night at the Edge...the boys were a little mesmerized). I always think it's so great when your different circle of friends all start to overlap. Well time to get outdoors, peace out!

3 comments:

little h. said...

i think its incredibly brave of you to make a life change like this, and i think its admirable that you are going for it. you will be a great teacher, cause to me, you're already a great motivator!

Anonymous said...

You're going to be one hottt teacher!! Those little boys better keep their hands off!!! xx

Josie said...

I'm so excited for you to be a teacher but there is one thing that I will hate....you having summers off!!! haha.

Don't become one of those complaining teachers Erin. You know it is a sweet deal!