Sunday, July 8, 2007

Live Earth

THE CONCERTS FOR A CLIMATE IN CRISIS
http://www.liveearth.org/event.php
Live Earth was a 24-hour, 7-continent concert series taking place on 7/7/07 that brough together more than 100 music artists and 2 billion people to trigger a global movement to solve the climate crisis.
Last night as Andy and I were trying to adjust to the time change of BC, we decided to watch a litle of the Live Earth concert. I wasn't able to see much of the 24 hours the concert was on for, but I did see a tid bit of it, and it hit home for me. I promise to turn off more lights as I leave a room, to cut back on water bottles (try refilling instead) and to cut back on plastic bags (instead carry around reusable bags....was able to do it in Ireland so why not here...people have to purchase bags in Ireland, so everyone carries around reusable bags in their purses and backpacks!) The world needs to come together, and everyone needs to make one tiny step...we all have to do it together!
What are you going to do?

No comments: