Tuesday, July 31, 2007

holidays around the corner...

These last few weeks have been a wee bit overwhelming for me; a lot of life altering moments seem to be occurring. I usually can handle one or two at a time, but when life takes me by storm I seem to deflate a lil’ bit! It’s good to know I have great friends (and bf) by my side for when I need a little chat and support with as well as a little retail therapy! Last week us Sheridan girls (we need to find a new name), all met (missing Angela of course) at Heather’s to celebrate her birthday (with a little D.Q ice-cream cake). Always the fav place to go for aps, dinner and wine! Then Heather and I last minute decided to head downtown to meet up with friends afterwards at Wayne’s patio…you only live once right? Who needs sleep? It was a fun night out on the town. We then had a H&E weekend and did a little shopping downtown. Let me tell you it was much needed. I am about to enter into the world of the broke (student life at 27) so I thought seeing as I have a pay cheque or 2 to go that I should splurge a little (I have been saving like a mad woman these past few months/year…so please don’t judge!). It wasn’t extravagant, but it was nice to buy some new jeans and venture to ForeverXXI! Welcome to Canada Forever 21!! Now my only reasons for going cross border are to visit J.Crew and Target! Any who it was strange to be home this weekend as I am a cottage jet setter when Friday comes around, but it was a nice change to my life routines if only for one weekend. This weekend cottage time!
Ps. Happy Birthday Zarine (who has now started her starbucks collection!)

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you had a good weekend in the city, but you were missed at the cottage. Without you here it wasn't the same!!!!!!
Mom
xo