Friday, January 18, 2008

My date with Grafton

One of my favourite streets in the world is Grafton Street; the main street in Dublin. I tend to venture to Grafton every day to either go shopping, enjoy some lunch, have some chai tea at Butlers, people watch and or just to walk around for something to do. This street has a "all man for himself" kind of approach in that people will take you out if you are just 1cm in their way...I have learnt it the hard way...and have been pushed around many a times (also seems to be the busiest street I have ever seen!!). I am getting pretty good at dodging people and steering clear however when I seem to want to take charge I pull my cell phone out, put my head down and walk my own path (doesn't always work though). Any who so as I was saying this is the best street one could ask for! My fav stores are: Brown Thomas & BT2 (Ireland Holts...though it is only a museum for me), Office (shoes), Oasis (clothes), Dublin Rocks (diamonds..ha!), Butlers Chocolate (for my Chai's), Cafe Bar Deli (restaurant), Avoca (nik naks), Powers Court (food & piano music) and drum roll please TopShop (for everything)! For all of you with Ireland on your list of places to go I recommend Grafton Street to be your first stop.
ps. my mom sent me some super cute pics of Mitchell...oh man he is getting even cuter!
pps. notice the Canada flag over the entrace of Brown Thomas...oh ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sounds like you are having a good time!!! We are going to miss each other on Sunday...I leave and you arrive, and you then get to take over on the camera duty with Mitchell..I take daily pictures. I'm sure that Matt will be happy to see me go, and have Mitchell and Jodie all to himself!!!
Momx0