Monday, May 5, 2008

25 Years

Today, Oprah celebrates Tom Cruise ~ 25 years in the business. For as long as I can remember I have always been a huge fan of Tom Cruise's movies. For the last few years I can't say I necessarily agreed with some of his opinions he so publicly displayed, but I think we as a society shouldn't be so quick to judge....we shouldn't base an actor's life decisions with their ability to act. So today I would like to celebrate Tom Cruise's silver anniversary with Oprah and the fans and pay tribute to what he has offered to the big screen.
If Tom could give any advice to that 19-year-old strutting around in his underwear, what would it be? "I would have said, 'You know what? It's going to be okay,'" he says. "I was always trying to enjoy every moment that I could because I thought, 'If this is the last film I get to make, then at least I lived that dream.'"
What a nice and inspiring thing to say. Some favourite Tom Cruise moments/quotes:
* When he sang "you've lost that love and feeling" to his love interest (he set the bar!)- Top Gun* "I love you, you complete me..." "....just shut up you had me at hello...you had me at hello" - Jerry MaGuire* Katsumoto: You believe a man can change his destiny? Algren: I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed. - The Last Samuraioh so good! It totally makes me want to go out and rent some of his movies! I don't think I ever saw Risky Business (the start of his success), so as I am resting up on Friday/Saturday I might just have to go out and rent it!
My Favourite Movies:
Top Gun
The Last Samurai
Rain Man
Born on the 4th of July
Cocktail
The Firm
Far and Away
Days of Thunder
“I love what I do. I take great pride in what I do. And I can't do something halfway, three-quarters, nine-tenths. If I'm going to do something, I go all the way.” - Tom Cruise
ps. Happy 22nd Birthday Steph! "May you live all the days of your life!" xo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

t-24 days babe!

ps. I think it's: "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" !!

xoxox

E. Bryce said...

ha ha! well I do always make up my own words to songs!!
t-24 days! xo