Monday, May 12, 2008

Done and done!

Well it's official...I have completed my first marathon...and all I have to say is wow!! It had to be the hardest thing I have ever done in my life! Though I can barely walk and I feel I will be permanently exhausted, I couldn't be more proud of myself and the people who surrounded me throughout the race (yes this may be my last entry for awhile about my marathon training...so just hang in with me for this last bit!). I started off strong and was clocking in to complete the marathon between 3:40-3:45...however at 35km I mentally checked out due to the severe wind near the lake and my poor state of mind... it turned out to be the biggest struggle of my life to get the last 7km completed. So for the next one I know I will need to train longer distances more often. That's if and when....but I can't seem to help myself and ask: What next? I just love training for something extreme and pushing myself to the ultimate limit. I first need to be able to walk normal before I gear up again. Anywho, thanks to my sister Jodie and my mom who were there to support as well as friends from the running room and Chris, Katy and Lindsay! All the cheers were greatly appreciated and desperately needed. Jodie also helped me to the finish and decided to run the last four in with me...thank you thank you thank you! Also congrats to Martha, Nicola, Allison, Dino, Grace, Sue Ellen, Sarah on a marathon well done and to Katie and Stacy who did awesome in their 1/2!! And thank you to all the well wishes and congratulations along the way and at the end of it all! I believe a marathon is something that everyone should try to accomplish, it's the best feeling in the world to say "done and done!"
My Statistics:
Place: 442
Name: ERIN BRYCE
City: Oakville
Bib#: 205
Time: 3:50:56.2
Chip: 3:48:04.2Pace: 5:29
Category: Women 25 - 29
Category Place: 15/59
Gender Place: 90/582
Split @ 8km: 43:17
Split @21.1km: 1:51:38
Split @25km: 2:12:06
ps. Picture of Nicola and I at the end of the race!! We completed with very similar times, and though she said 1 marathon is enough I got an email from her saying she was 3 mintues off of qualifying for boston so she needs to do another one! ha! Let the games begin!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Erin!!!! You now have me thnking ....maybe.... Not sure yet, but everyting you introduce me to...I love!!!!
Love you darlin!!! Great job!!!!
Mpm xo

Holly said...

Congratulations Erin! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I like you

Anonymous said...

a lot

little h. said...

erin you are my hero....such a great accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin!

Congrats on the marathon, that's a fantastic achievement! And your time was really good too :-)

I'll be watching my boyfriend run the Stockholm Marathon in 2 weeks, we'll see if I get any inspiration to run one myself... It just seems soooo far!

Hope to see you this summer.

hugs, Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Congrats Erin! What an accomplishment!! Seriously. I have enjoyed reading your blog ever since you sent me the link...it has been a good source of entertainment on some slow afternoons. Keep it coming. :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

P.S. It's Reem, I forgot it was going to be published as anonymous..haha...:)