Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Twenty Great!

Today I turned twenty 'great'! As I always say, I am not a huge fan of celebrating birthdays...I find if you celebrate your life everyday you shouldn't have to save up for this one memento day... however, as always I am pleasantly surprised by the kind words from people and the many wishes I received throughout the day, it's such a nice feeling to receive pressies, flowers, phone calls, cakes and emails from amazing friends and family...so thank you! Also thank you to my family and my second family who enjoyed some amazing sushi with me tonight! Namaste! Cheers to the kids of 1980 this is the year!
Side thought: I always find that no matter how you try to ignore it, birthdays always make you stop and reflect on your life and how you are living in the present moment...today I was thinking about all my accomplishments and life lessons i have learned over the years and here are a few things I thought of (random, but thought I would share)
I have learnt....
  • To always respect and love your family...they are with you for life
  • To always breath, it lets you live in the moment
  • That amazing friends are always a phone call away
  • To constantly challenge yourself ...coasting along just doesn't work for me
  • At any time in your life you can change it all around and venture down a different path...it is never too late!
  • That life is mysterious
  • That watching your sister and best friends have children is a surreal and wonderful experience...and you get to experience true happiness
  • To always surround yourself with people you love
  • To create a bucket list and make sure to check off something each year (Marathon...check check)
  • That true happiness lies within you
  • That kind words and never forgotten...and unfortunately so are unkind words
  • To always remember that life has a way of working itself out
  • To travel to other parts of the world as often as you can...you never know what you will learn especially about yourself and the ones you are with
  • That being in love is one of the greatest feelings in the world (ad!)
  • That crying once a month is just something females do...don't let anyone question that!
  • To appreciate life and all it has to offer
  • That yoga, exercise and sports will always be my saving grace!
  • That the best way out is always through
  • That people can surprise you everyday
  • That a grande non fat tazo chai will always brighten my day...and of course a smile
  • That long distance relationships are hard, but if you have what it takes you can get through anything!!!
  • That everything happens for a reason
  • That your health should never be taken for granted
  • That knitting has the same effect as meditation...well at least it does for me
  • That old friends are never forgotten and new ones should be celebrated
  • That life isn't about finding yourself but about creating yourself
  • That inspirational quotes will always stop me in my tracks
  • That sometimes you have can a closet full of clothes but have absolutely nothing to wear
  • That it's ok to fail sometimes, as long as you know you have tried
  • That it's important to be there to support your friends through the good times and the bad....sometimes people just need a hand for guidance
  • That life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away
  • To always let people know how much they mean to you
  • That sometimes the best thing to do is just listen
  • That as much as I think I know...I will never stop learning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Erin!!! This was a good read. You have matured into a very fine lady that I am very proud of!!! It looks like I or we did a great job in raising you...Not only are you a great daughter...you are a very special friend!!!! I hope all your dreams and wishes come true...and soon....
Love you
Mom xo

Josie said...

Well Miss Bryce, you are one deep lady now that you are twenty great. I love the list. You should print it out and frame it, then in twenty years do a new one and compare.
I agree with every point. Here's to jumping into the next year of your life with gusto and fabulous shoes!